Connecting a Region - Registering problem

If you have questions or problems to attach Regions to Myopengrid post here

Connecting a Region - Registering problem

Postby Boorojyo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:36 pm

First of all thanks Admin for all the help so far. Couple of issues..Any help welcome.

I believe I have sucessfully forwarded port 9000, udp and tcp, and made exceptions for my firewalls, even tried disbabling firewalls..but I keep getting the following error when I appear to be registering the region

08:04:31 - [OGS1 GRID SERVICES]: Registering region Booville with grid at http//myopengrid.com:8001
08:06:01 - [STARTUP]: Registration of region with grid failed, aborting startup - System.Exception: Unable to register region with grid at http://myopengrid.com:8001. Grid service not running? ---> System.net.WebException: Le délai d'attente de l'option a expiré.

'Le délai d'attente de l'option a expiré' means timed out waiting time. I am based in France.

Anyone any ideas?

I did try to start a standalone sim..just to try a different route to getting stated. That seems all OK, until I try to log in on local and it times out on 'waiting for region handshake'.

This is driving me nuts:)
Boorojyo

Re: Connecting a Region - Registering problem

Postby Myopengrid » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:19 pm

# “Remote Destination Timed Out”, or “Remote Destination is not responding”
This error means that your port forwarding was not done correctly; and that the grid services were not able to connect to your region on the TCP port. Double check your port forwarding, and that your external hostname is correct.
# “Could not connect to region“, or “(done)“, or “Despite our best efforts, something has gone wrong“.
This is a more insidious error, it means the grid was able to contact your region server on the TCP port, however the client was unable to contact your region server - double check your port forwarding and check that you have NAT Loopback enabled. If it still gives you problems; your router is incompatible with OpenSim.
Myopengrid

Return to Regions